Rifle and Pistol Ranges
Our club members enjoy year round shooting in many different disciplines. We have a 25 yard heated and well ventilated indoor range which is approved for the shooting of .22 and most pistol calibers. The club also has two outdoor ranges, a 50 yard pistol range and 100 yard rifle range.
The ADSA Rifle and Pistol Committee invite anyone with the desire to hone their shooting skills to join us and enjoy the pleasure of target shooting.
For more information contact Bob Dornack 724-650-5836.
NOTICE: For members using a key fob to enter the new rifle & pistol range, the key fob buttons need be depressed for about two seconds when entering and exiting the gate. The button should only be pressed one time; the gate will close automatically 30 seconds after it is fully opened.
YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL ADSA RANGE RULES BEFORE USING THE RANGE
Outdoor Rifle & Pistol Range Schedule & Rules
The New Rifle & Pistol Ranges are open daily from 8:00AM til Sunset
FEE: Members: $3.00 — Guests $7.00 (max. 2 guests per member)
- This range is for use by members and their guests only. Shooters under (Rifle-18 years, Pistol-21 years) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Trespassers will be asked to leave and permanently banned from all ADSA facilities.
- Range opens daily from 8:00AM until Sunset. Please check your newsletter for special events that might interfere with range use.
- You MUST sign in and pay your range fees as soon as you arrive at the range.
- Members are responsible for their guests and must accompany them at all times (max 2). No Guests November and December.
- Members Are Our Priority: Club members have priority over guests.
- Always: Keep firearms pointed in a safe direction. Down Range at ALL times.
- Always: Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always: Keep your gun unloaded until you are at the firing line and the range is declared “HOT.” Firearms must be safe (unloaded and action open) when entering or exiting the range.
- If no range officer is present, someone MUST be designated as acting range officer when more than one shooter is present at the range.
- Cease Fire: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls “Cease fire.”
- COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are cleared, actions open facing upward, magazines removed, and firearms laid down on the shooting bench. Once the range is confirmed cold, range barrier can be lifted to allow access down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms, or stand at the firing line while the range is cold.
- HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range. Range barrier should not be lowered until the range is declared “HOT.” When the range is hot, shooters are permitted to commence firing. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is hot. Spectators must remain behind the firing line unless seated on a bench, spotting for a shooter.
- Shoot Responsibly: Shooters may shoot only from the firing line at paper targets in line with their position. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame is not permitted. No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or exploding rounds permitted.
- Shooters on rifle range can shoot targets in multiple lanes (various distances) from center bench positions only. This only applies when no other shooters are present on the rifle firing line.
- Respect the Range: Please place your trash into the trash cans and spent brass in recycling cans. Do not intentionally shoot target frames or other downrange objects that are not part of your target. Shotgun patterning at designated sled located on rifle range only. .50 cal BMG or automatic firearms are prohibited on the range.
- No Drugs or Alcohol: No drugs or alcohol are to be used at the range. If you appear visually impaired, you will be instructed to leave immediately.
- Control Your Shot: Firearms must be shot only while under complete control by the shooter at all times. Careless or dangerous shooting will not be tolerated. (Rifle Range magazine limit 6 rounds, Pistol Range – no magazine limit for pistols).
- Stay in Sight: When going downrange, stay insight of the benches at all times. Remember, if you can’t see the bench, shooters can’t see you!
- Respect Yourself: Eye and ear protection must be worn while the range is hot by shooters and spectators. Food, beverages and smoking are not allowed on the firing line.
- Respect Others: There is a one-hour time limit for use of the range when others are waiting.
- “This is your club”: Please report any violation of the posted range rules to the Board of Directors. Enforcement of range safety is the responsibility of all members.
- Failure to obey range rules can result in range privileges being suspended or revoked.
THINK SAFETY AT ALL TIMES!
MEMBERS USING THIS RANGE DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK. ADSA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY.
THIS RANGE IS FOR USE BY MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY. THANKS, ADSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS.